E.R.
Creative Commons License photo credit: Funky64 (www.lucarossato.com)

The existence of the Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation is always associated with the existence of the Sydney Eye Hospital which was founded way back 1882. The Sydney Eye Hospital was formerly called the ophthalmic department of the Sydney Hospital (Sydney Infirmary before). The Sydney Eye Hospital (known as the Ophthalmic Department of Sydney Hospital) was moved to the Miller’s Point (The Rocks). The Ophthalmic Department was then again relocated to the Woolloomooloo. In 1960, the Ophthalmic Department had been extensively known as Sydney Eye Hospital.

The Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation had a major role in the development and relocation of the Sydney Eye Hospital to its new Clinical Services Building on 1995. Its relocation brought the reunification of the two historical hospitals. And it was finally renamed into ‘Sydney Hospital and Sydney Eye Hospital’. The Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation shared $3 million worth of funds to the cost of the construction of the new building. Aside from helping the Sydney Eye Hospital to its transfer to the new Clinical Services Building, the Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation provided funds for purchase of sophisticated hospital facilities. The Foundation also funded various research and medical studies on the prevention of blindness. The Foundation brings a lot of good benefits to the Sydney Eye Hospital.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply