Many of us do not have the greatest vision and need medical assistance. The longer you go without receiving treatment, the more likely you are to cause permanent damage to your eyes. There are several easy and free remedies you can perform to increase the health of your eyes. If you feel that your vision is beyond holistic repair, you should visit the Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation.
Before visiting the Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation, you can try using holistic measures to increase the health of your eyes. Please check out the following natural remedies:
1. Blueberries and Yogurt. Blueberries are known to be one of the best things you can eat to increase the health of your vision. They are packed with antioxidants and are believed to prevent macular degeneration in your eyes. This disease is the number 1 cause of blindness in elderly people.
2. Eat Spinach. Spinach will help to prevent nearly any disease. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Spinach is also believed to prevent macular degeneration as well as hundreds of other diseases.
3. Keep Your Eyes Moist. One of the worst things you can do to your eyes is let them dry out. Corneal abrasions will form and could even lead to blindness if left untreated.
4. Avoid Fatty Snacks. Constantly eating foods filled with grease, fat, and sugars can increase the risk of developing macular degeneration.
5. Eat Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are packed full of Vitamin A. These tasty treats will increase your level of sight at night!
6. Take Multivitamins. Very few of us get all of the nutrients we need in a given day. Taking a multivitamin will ensure we do not develop any vitamin deficiencies that could develop into diseases of the eyes. Vitamin A, and Omega-3 are both very good vitamins for your eyes and should be taken once a day.
7. Take a Walk. Studies suggest that walking decreases intraocular pressure (IOP). IOP is responsible for causing glaucoma. Some patients that started walking regularly were able to decrease the pressure enough to stop taking their medication.
8. Stay Hydrated. One of the first side effects of being dehydrated is having dry eyes. Try to drink at least 4-6 cups of water per day. Drinking water with electrolytes would be an even better idea because it helps to replace important nutrients.
If you’ve tried using these remedies or if you are looking for immediate assistance for your vision you should consider visiting the Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation. They specialize in rehabilitation for patients with poor vision. They have been open for over 100 years and operate 24 hours a day.